Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Jarno Trulli, Responsabilità e Coraggio

Each year there is one particular driver that imbues fans across the globe.  This Formula one season, 2010 is no different. 

When I say the name Jarno Trulli, many people think of him as a back marker only.  If we take a better look at the 2010 season for this Lotus driver, we can see the fight he has. Pure steel eyed determination to see the race out, no matter what the weekend threw at him. 

Coming off an advancing career with Renault and Toyota, many fans this year just think that his poor performance was due to 'getting too old'.  I beg to differ.  Jarno Trulli is not getting 'old'.  What he has done is taken the responsibility to help build a new team. 

If it wasn't for engine failures, hydraulic issues and gear box issues, which I might add, the mechanics have gotten down fixing it to a 't', I do believe that Trulli would be in better standing than 21st.

Watching each race, I could not believe how hard Trulli has pushed this season.  When I watched the Valencia race, mind aside his teammates collision with Webber, Trulli gave the best performance on the race.   I am sure right about now, there may be groans and whispers but if you read through the media, past the fabulous collision, I do not think that too many people realize that Trulli went the entire race on a single set of tyres.  He started the race, seemed fine, then, heard over the team radio broad casted live that, I he was at first stuck in second gear.  He pitted, his mechanics tried to fix the issue and sent him back out.  Four laps back, Trulli passed the checkered flag.  

Lap 40 of the Belgian Grand Prix and Trulli was up in the middle of the pack.  Lotus was doing great, lap 41 and my heart sank, Jarno Trulli spun his Lotus coming down into Pouhon.  It was a shame.  Just coming off of a 15th place finish, things looked to be picking up.  And would have too had the old haunts not come back to plague him.  So when he said "everything happens on my car and my car only", never seemed so true.

I want to commendate Jarno Trulli on a doubtlessly fantastic 'apprenticeship' season that he is going through with Lotus.  I want to say that I appreciate what you are going through this year and out of all the drivers on grid in 2010, my support is behind you.   You show us the perseverance and drive that an average person could never conceive.  If we could just 'borrow' a tiny bit of your dedication and zeal, I know that it would make me a much better person.

"Jarno,

Vorrei dire grazie per la vostra convinzione al volante della Lotus. Per la vostra determinazione a vedere la bandiera a scacchi in tutte le gare, non importa che i problemi che avete affrontato durante il weekend. Grazie per essere una fonte d'ispirazione e una delizia per noi appassionati a guardare."

No comments:

Post a Comment