Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Quotes That defined The 2010 Season

The 2010 Formula One season was quite possibly one of the most exciting to date.  There was a mix of emotions, skill, controversy and just plain stupidity. For anyone that may not have watch this 2010 season, it can be well summed up with a selection of quotes made by drivers, teams and even the media. I am quite sure that there have been some substantial quotes that are missing from this overview.  If you can think of any, let me know. 

"Felipe and I both race for Ferrari. I've always had strong teammates and I never had any problems with then. I have a great relation to all of them and it won't be different with Felipe." – Fernando Alonso, at Ferrari launch. How ironic...

"He's certainly a very silly young man, quite frankly. Okay, I'll say it, he's a dickhead." - Australia's transport official Tim Pallas tells us what he thinks of Lewis Hamilton after he was bust for hoon driving in Australia

"It doesn't spit, it pisses here." - Mark Webber knows what to expect from the Malaysia weather.

"From my perspective it was a really cool manoeuvre, but apparently it's not allowed." – Nico Rosberg on Schumacher’s penalised last-corner overtake of Alonso after the safety car in Monaco.

"I was worried about bridges or things that I could hit up in the air" - Mark Webber describes what was going through his head the moment his Red Bull took off in Valencia.

"When I saw lots of guys waving at me, then suddenly I understood." - Sauber's Kamui Kobayashi admits he was so absorbed in his own drive that he failed to notice the European Grand Prix had finished.

"Bloody hell, let's get on with it." – Mark Webber, after his crash in Valencia.

"Not bad for a number two driver." – Mark Webber after winning the British GP with the old-spec wing.

"Ok, so… 'Fernando is faster than you'. Can you confirm you understand that message?" – Rob Smedley to Massa over the radio as Felipe leads Fernando in Germany.

"After I heard that my tyre hit big Nige, one of my old Williams truckies, I was more concerned about my tyre than him!" -  Nico Rosberg confirms that his former work colleague is a tough nut to crack after Hungarian Grand Prix pitlane incident.

"A Red Bull car." - Nico Rosberg answers a journalist's question about what it would take for him to win at Suzuka.

"F1 in Seoul? Nah, let's have it in the middle of nowhere 100s of miles from anywhere." – F1 photographer, Darren Heath on the location of the Korea International Circuit.

"We are Red Bull, we are in a unique position again this year and we are horny - can you say that in English or does it not make too much sense?" - Sebastian Vettel gets a little bit too excited about his title chances.

4 comments:

  1. You forgot one. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me in on the secret! Which one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fave one! I told you on Facebook to include it:
    "That car sticks to the track like a gecko wading through superglue." - Martin Brundle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, I completely forgot! I am so sorry!

    ReplyDelete